Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh yeah...I took a workshop this summer.




After stepping out of the college bubble and into the real world, I have learned a few things, and one of the most important things that I have come to find out, is how critical it is for a person to try and take classes and learn new techniques whenever they have the time (or the funds). Although it is not a realistic idea to take long-term workshops if you must maintain a day job, or contribute a large sum of money, it is definitly a realistic goal to try and take as many one or two-day classes as you are able to. This past August (on my birthday actually) I treated myself to a several-hour long paper making class at the Banana Factory in Bethlehem, PA. The class was taught by a man named Richard Aldorasi, who runs the Philadelphia Handmade Paper Co. It was a great class where myself and about 4 other students were able to create many sheets of handmade paper, using materials such as cotton fiber, magazine pages, construction paper, and skeleton leaves, glitter, and copper shreds for decoration. For some time now, I have wanted to learn the craft of paper-making, and it was a great opportunity to be within that cozy, creative, studio atmosphere that I had taken for granted, and greatly miss.
*I would also like to thank those of you who are "following" my blog, it means a lot to me and I appreciate your support!*

No comments:

Post a Comment